The Northwest Toxic Communities Coalition is comprised of non-profit groups from EPA Region 10 areas which address local hazardous substances and environmental health issues. The coalition is an umbrella organization that serves as a conduit of relevant information and resources to its members.
What member organizations have to say about the NWTCC:
- “There is strength in numbers”
- “Offers EPA Region 10 an understanding and perspective of our cause”
- “It’s a unique exchange of ideas”
- “There is a willingness to help other organizations”
- “It offers smaller organizations a chance to, ‘sit at the table'”
- What is 5G? and What do we know about its Effects? Lunchtime webinar with David O. Carpenter, MD. Director, Institute for Health and the Environment University at Albany.
- Chemical mixtures and synergistic effects Webinar (from the 2021 NWTCC Summit), with Dr. Shanna Swan, Dr. Anne Jarabek, Dr. David Carpenter, Briana Rivera, & Dr. Diana Rohlman.
- Sewage Sludge Fertilizer Capacity: Tipping Point? Webinar, with Morten Alexander, Ed Kenney, David L. Lewis, and Patty Martin
- Children Run Better Unleaded Webinar (2018 NWTCC Summit), about lead at the Bunker Hill Superfund Site & exposure in Idaho’s Silver Valley.
- How do Our Superfund Waste Site Cleanup Compare? Webinar, by Dr. Peter L. deFur, President of Environmental Stewardship Concepts
- Institutional Controls, Part 2 Webinar, with Cliff Villa, Piper Peterson and James Rasmussen discussing cleanup plans for the Duwamish Waterway Superfund Site.
- Institutional Controls, Part 1 Webinar, with Peter deFur and Cliff Villa discussing challenges, opportunities, and limitations of ICs based on U.S. case studies.
- Rayonier Pulp Mill Cleanup Plan Webinar, with Peter deFur discusses the cleanup plan for this Port Angeles, WA pulp mill and how to get involved.
- Volatile PCBs Webinar: Sources, Spread, and Health Effects by Dr. David Carpenter, University of Albany
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons Webinar: Detection, Evaluation and Remediation by Dr. Diana Rohlman, Oregon State University
- Grassroots Organizing & Campaign Planning Webinar by Karlee Deatherage, Policy Analyst for the Clean Water Program at RE Sources for Sustainable Communities